Setting up your email in Outlook Express if you have a Godaddy account is easy. However, if you are not aware of the proper procedure, you would spend a lot of time in frustration. Please go through the procedures carefully to set up your email account:
Before you sent up your GoDaddy account in Microsoft Outlook Express, you need to set your SMTP Relay options correctly.
Setting up SMTP Relay Options
- Log into your GoDaddy account and click on “Account Manager”
- Under “My Products” section, choose “Email/Email Forwarding”.
- Choose “Manage Account” next to the particular account you want to use in the “Email Account” list
- In the “Relays per Day” dropdown list, choose the number of relays per day you wish to use for your account. Your email account usually includes 250 SMTP relays per mailbox, per day.
- Now click OK.
Now, we need to set up Outlook Express.
Setting up Outlook Express for GoDaddy Account
- Open Microsoft Outlook Express.
- Under the “Tools” tab select “Accounts” or “E-mail Accounts”
- In the Internet Account window, click on the Mail tab and click “Add”
- Now provide your Display Name and click Next in the Internet Connect Wizard.
- Provide your E-mail address (email@example.com) and click “Next”
- In the next window choose “My incoming mail server” as “POP3”.
- In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server option, please enter pop.secureserver.net as your incoming mail. \
- In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) server option, provide smtpout.secureserver.net as your outgoing mail server and click Next.
- For the Account name and Password boxes, type your email address and password, and then click Next.
- Now click Finish.
- Select the mail account you just created inn the Internet Accounts wizard and then click Properties.
- Now, in Properties window, click on the Servers tab.
- Select My server requires authentication in the Click box
- Now choose the Advanced tab and inn the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field, change the port number to 80, and then click OK. If port number does not work, try providing 25.
- Now you should be able to successfully send and receive mails from your Outlook Express for your GoDaddy account.