Top Most Firing IT Companies in India
1) IBM — Right now this is the most firing company for IT professionals.
In the last 6 months, this company has fired nearly 20% of their employees
because of BG check and performance issues. This is the most insecure
company from an IT professional’s point of view. They don’t have any
strategic plans at HR policies regarding employee security. No appraisals
2)TCS — Previously it was an government IT Company . Now a days TCS also
becoming firing IT company. Recently they fired around 500 people.( employees
below 2 years of experience) and TCS lost many projects
recently( especially British Telecom Projects).
3) Accenture — This is second top most firing company. The firing rate
is around 10%. This depends upon outsourced projects; they have a unique
system where Accenture development centers around the world bid for a
project coming into the company. Currently Philippinescentre is taking the
cake and the Indian centers are in a firing mode.
4) WIPRO — Firing people with very frequent back ground checks and
firing them with out even experience letters and relieving letters (will
mention as terminated from services)but will promise the employees that
they will retain them. After the project is over they will fire away. Will
threaten of criminal cases against such employees if they oppose the move
and has also filed against some.
5) Intel — Recently joined the league. Running in heavy losses, hence
firing 3000 employees in the Banglore center in a phased out manner.
6) CTS — Has a steady firing policy (checking the Educational background
and previous employment and also employee performance in work). In a
Recent HCL walk-in, around 50% attendees were from this company. Sadly the
I-pods have not helped them.
7) CSC — Excellent package but fires folks in Background check and those
on bench regularly. Recently fired 400+ employees from its subsidiary
8) Satyam — Currently stopped firing. The Attrition rate is very high.
No firing from 2005 until now when 1000 employees were fired in Hyderabad.
10) Patni —- They fired so many employees that currently they are facing
understaffing and deficiency with number of employees. Very high attrition
11) Keane India —- This USA based company is always involved in firing
employees. Although they proudly say that they dont have hire and fire
policy. Recently they fired java and as400 professionals after which most
of the employees have started to pack their bags. Employees change this
company within 1 year. So take care before accepting offers from these
Secure IT Companies in India
1) Microsoft — Has projects till 2050. Who knows? What happened to
yahoo can happen to Microsoft even tommorow
2) EDS — Most secure company in India. Not laid off any of its employees
even during 2001. Has lots of projects in Defense and financial areas
3) HP — Dream Company. In-house and outsourced projects
4) Infosys — Dream Job. On a way to achieve the status of a secured,
stable Govt. company. But have to work from 9AM to 9PM.
Suitable for the workaholics alone.
5) AOL, Google and Yahoo – Best companies to work with, great job
satisfaction as well as great salary and work environment. Rarely fires an
employee. As they are internet based companies’ they offer lots of
opportunities to grow.
6) HCL — A good company to be in. Called as a “retirement company.” Nothing
much happens there
7) HSBC— This is the most secure company. It has never fired any
employee, even when they know that the employee is showing fake
8) Aricent— a communication based software company, has never fired any
employee and gives great perks & incentives, lot of projects in kitty.
Minimal level of attrition.
9) KPIT Cumminns Infosystems Limited —- This is the most secure company
not known to many. It has presently acquired CG Smith, Bangalore and has
lots of projects in pipe line. Acquisitions plans will continue.